5 Skincare Resolutions for the New Year
The New Year is the perfect chance to focus on your self-care and create new, healthy habits. Skincare plays a huge role in our overall health and the New Year is a fantastic opportunity to adopt better skincare practices and routines. Here are 5 skincare resolutions to take with you into the New Year…
1. To focus on self-care and treating yourself
Skincare is commonly seen as a laborious task or chore. If you’re in this mindset, the New Year is the perfect time to turn things around and start seeing skincare in a more positive light. Although good skincare is integral to a healthy lifestyle, it is also fun and pampering. Focus on self-care and treating yourself this new year, making sure to not only protect your skin but also have fun with it!
2. To tackle your skin concerns
Chronic skin problems can be frustrating and sometimes upsetting. It’s important to remember that there is no one size fits all skincare solution that works for everyone all the time – your skin may need more specific care. Using skincare formulated towards certain skin types, conditions, or issues can make the world of difference not only physically, but also mentally.
At Sebamed, we have a range of skincare solutions available for different skin conditions and impurities, specially formulated to soothe the skin and ease your skin concerns.
3. To always take make-up off before bed
One of the most important skin care tips for make-up wearers is to remove your make-up fully before bed. Even the most casual of make-up wearers know this, but this rule is often broken. If you don’t wash off your make-up before bed, it can lead to clogged pores, breakouts, premature ageing, eye infections, dirty pillowcases, and more unpleasant side effects.
A gentle micellar water cleanser is a convenient and effective way to remove make-up and cleanse normal or dry skin. Heavier make-up may require a more thorough face wash to fully remove the make-up, dirt, and oils gained throughout the day.
4. To help the future you
Your future self will thank you for looking after your skin now. Add anti-ageing skincare to your skincare routine to replenish the skin, reduce lines and wrinkles, and protect the skin against premature ageing.
Sebamed’s Q10 anti-ageing range, featuring lifting eye cream, protection cream, and firming body lotion, is formulated with the nutrient Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10). CoQ10 is the skin’s natural, active ingredient that helps to prevent damage to collagen and elastin and promotes skin cell rejuvenation. The ingredients of Sebamed Anti-Ageing Q10 products activate the energy production of the skin cells and help to maintain the skin’s smoothness and elasticity, visibly reducing signs of ageing.
5. To follow these skincare do's and don’ts…
Skincare is different for every individual, however, there are broad do’s and don’ts that most people should try to follow. In the new year, follow along with these skincare do’s and don’ts to best protect your skin:
- DO get plenty of sleep to replenish your skin,
- DO moisturise daily to ensure proper hydration,
- DO wear sun protection to defend against UV damage,
- DON’T exfoliate your skin too often, or with harsh products, to avoid compromising your skin’s natural protective barrier. A gentle scrub a few times per week is recommended for most skin types,
- DON’T limit skincare to only your face, protect the skin on your whole body. One great tip is to use quality hair care products to protect your scalp’s delicate skin.
- DON’T make or use DIY skincare products as they will likely do more harm than good.